Why You Should Not Sell 'For Sale By Owner' and Hire The Cain Team
Are you aware that 1 out of every 1,000 For Sale by Owners (FSBO) actually sell for list price?
The most common reason why homeowners attempt to sell on their own is that they want to save money or maximize their profit by not having to pay for real estate agent commission. However, in the NAR 2017 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers, FSBOs remain at an all-time low of 8%.
The typical FSBO home sold for $190,000 compared to $249,000 for agent-assisted home sales.
Why? Because FSBO's struggle with:
- Getting/setting the right price
- Understanding and performing paperwork
- Selling within the planned length of time
- Preparing/fixing up home for sale
- Having enough time to devote to all aspects of the sale
You also have limited exposure to buyers. 94% of buyers start their search online for a home. Most real estate websites require an MLS access to even list a property. Only licensed real estate agents can list a property on their local MLS.
BUT, with a Realtor from Cain Realty Group you can expect:
- The correct listing price of the home can be determined. A Cain Team Realtor will do a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) to provide an accurate home valuation. We know how to price your home right so as not to turn off potential buyers or leave money on the table.
- The real estate contract will be handled properly and professionally. We have proven to significantly negotiate specific parts of the contract and will address any possibilities or contingencies included.
- Your home will be listed on the market at the correct price and can have proper exposure for it to be sold quickly - Cain Realty Group's average days on market is only 15 days!
- The necessary disclosures, paperwork and documentation will be handled properly. Letting us handle the complicated paperwork can also help alleviate the legal and financing stress for both the seller and the buyer. We will also provide much-needed advice and support throughout the process.
Before you decide to put up a “For Sale” sign in front of your yard and take on the challenges of selling your house on your own, take the time to talk with a member of our team see how we can help you.